Thursday, June 8, 2017

Correction from my last reflection post: here it actually is, the last reflection blog post! Since I accidentally read ahead and discussed the final chapters in my last reflection post, I will reflect on the entire novel, now that I am finished. As a whole, I would say the book was... interesting. As you told us in the beggining, there were indeed many bizarre parts. From Sophie reading messages on bananas to  meeting character like Alladin. Very strange, but also very interesting. The novel taught me a lot about some of the most influential philosophers of all time and put many philosophical ideas into an interesting perspective. It helped me understand romanticism, the Renessaince, Berkeley, and much more. I guess I would say I enjoyed it to an extent; some chapters I loved and others were either too strange or too confusing, but as a whole it was pretty good and definitely helpful. My favorite moment was without a doubt when we discovered that Sophie was not real! It was a great chapter, because it just acted as if it was normal that we were now following Hilde. When I got my epiphany that Sophie was a literary character in hilde's father's book, I both laughed and was in awe. It was quite a twist and was also very entertaining. Plus, if led to some fun conversations in class the next day (but isn't Hilde also fake because we are reading about her in a book? Are we just character in a book? And so on.) As I said, when I reflect back, what comes to mind is interesting, entertaining, one of a kind, and definatley, one hundred percent bizarre! It was both a fun book and a fun class!

1 comment:

  1. Is Hilde fake? Or just a character like Sophie in a book? Good questions.

    ReplyDelete