Wednesday, April 12, 2017

From what we have recently read in Sophie's World, I have chosen to talk about the two cultures chapter. A big portion of this chapter taught us about a few of the monotheistic religions (those who believe and worship one God), including Judaism, Christianity, and Islam. I enjoyed this chapter, because although I do fall into one of these categories (Christianity), I didn't know many of the basics of cultures  of these religions. Something that I thought was very cool is that all of these religions some what connect in a mysterious manner. For example, the Jews prophesied of a future messiah years before the birth of Jesus Christ (the Christian messiah). It shows you that even though hear religions do have some different beliefs and cultures, they still do have stuff in common. A connection that the teachings of this chapter to the story going on is uncertainty/mystery. You find a lot of uncertainty and mystery in religion (lots of unanswered question and some wonders or doubts), just like we see in the letters Sophie is recieving from Alberto. She is still very uncertain on what is going on and on what a lot of what he is trying to tell her. All in all, I enjoyed this chapter, because I found the lesson interesting and I enjoyed on how it ties into the story line!

No comments:

Post a Comment